In Math, we have started to investigate shape, and have been exploring the characteristics of polygons. After looking at many polygons, we decided that a polygon is a closed shape with straight lines that do not cross. A polygon’s lines only touch at endpoints, or vertices.
We use Power Polygons to combine shapes in various ways to make new polygons. Today, we made 3, 4, 5 and 6 sided polygons.
Alan combined Power Polygons to make a 3 sided polygon, otherwise known as a triangle.
Svea used triangles and parallelograms to make a quadrilateral.
How would you describe this polygon? Leave a comment on our blog!
I thought it was cool to envent these sort of shapes, some of the shapes was really cool for example the one right below svea.
ReplyDeleteJulia
I like how 4.3 think a lots to find a polygons
ReplyDelete5.4 Hyungwoo
I think many peopke had very creative shapes. It was not very hard but it wasnt that easy. I think that making different power polygon was very fun.
ReplyDeleteFrom Svea
It is not a a quadrilateral!
ReplyDeleteBecause it doesn't have 4 sides.(It has 6 sides)
I really enjoy using the "power polygons"
But I enjoy more making our stories! "Comander Silly Socks" that's my character!
By: Alan Noe
I think that making shapes was a good idea because it was nice to listen, share ideas and emotion with our partner.
ReplyDeleteBy: Nina Vijayvargiya
i like how people are so creative in there shapes. lots of people made quadratills but some made really creative ones.
ReplyDeleteJulia
I thought it was fun to make polygons like we did there.
ReplyDeleteAlastair!!!
This polygon has 6 sides and made of triangles, paralleograms, 1 big square and 2 trapeziums.
ReplyDeleteFrom: Stacey.
I think it was really fun to make polygons because I was really thinking about how to make polygons.
ReplyDeleteFrom: Stacey
That polygon looks like a 2-side pencil! That shape is very creative. I wonder who made it.
ReplyDeleteAoi