Friday, August 27, 2010

Math Agreements

Yesterday, we discussed what our classroom environment should be like during math time.  We agreed that it is of utmost importance to feel safe during math to take risks.  We agreed that if we never make mistakes, we are not learning, and that we will encourage each other to be risk-takers.  We are also going to be open-minded by listening to others explain their thinking and by trying new strategies to solve problems.  As a class, we wrote the following 5 agreements for math:

1.  We agree to be on task.
2.  We agree to be kind.
3.  We agree to take risks and make mistakes safely because that is how we learn.
4.  We agree to treat school materials appropriately.
5.  We agree to be responsible for our actions.

If we follow these agreements, we will have a fantastic and productive year in math!

14 comments:

  1. I like these agreements and I think they are good ones. from Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our agreements are the best!
    Jeesu

    ReplyDelete
  3. We agreed to be on task because if you are not then your work will not be done on time.
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the math agreements because fast every one agrees
    axelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. These agrements will help me concentrate!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I will follow these agreements I think I will get alot done.
    Cecily

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are very good math agreements.
    I'm still working on "take risks and make mistakes safely because that is how we learn.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that we agreed about math rules



    brandon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your new math agreements!
    Minju in 5.3

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like our math agrements
    from Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  11. til now i liked everything we did in class
    by gordon

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really like our mind maps!!!!!!!!
    From Gordon

    ReplyDelete