Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Update

Thank you for coming in for Portfolio Day.  The children enjoyed sharing their work with you and they were proud of themselves.  We will follow up with student led conferences on Tuesday, November 16th. 

In Math, we have started to investigate measurement.  We have been using Logopaths Software to calculate the perimeters of various paths and have started to investigate volume by estimating the capacity of various containers.

We visited our Prep book buddies this week.  This gives us a good opportunity to be positive role models.  We are building the Preps’ self esteem by reading to them, playing alphabet games with them and listening to them read simple stories.  Some of us were quite surprised by how many letter sounds our buddies already know!

As a grade level, we came up with agreements for our oral presentations about how limited access to water makes people vulnerable.  We will start to work on these presentations next week.

Have a lovely weekend,
Mrs. LaVoie


2 comments:

  1. I had a great time with Alan during Portfolio day! It is amazing to see all the work he is doing, specially with math!!

    I am already looking forward for conference day =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great look into Brandon's education! It was nice to see how much work he has compiled in such a short time. I appreciate the thoroughness of the maths you are doing in class. Also, I can see Brandon is enjoying a bit more artisitc expression than I have seen before.
    Super!

    ReplyDelete