We have started our new unit – Sharing the Planet.
Our central idea is, “Limited access to natural resources makes people vulnerable.”
We watched a short video about a Ghanaian girl named Christina who spends hours collecting water for her family every day.
As a provocation for our unit, we worked in teams to carry a bucket of water from the
Rhine back to school.
Our reflections showed that this experience gave us more empathy for Christina, and the many children around the world who collect water every day.
We have rewritten our central idea in kid friendly language or in our home language, to help us better understand it.
I think it was very cool to go to the rein but it was stil sad to learn sows things about gana.
ReplyDeletethat looked really fun I wish I could have been there and I wish I wasnt sick then because I really wanted to do it.
ReplyDeletemegan
i think it was a fun activity walking to the rhine.
ReplyDelete