Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sharing the Planet

Look through your POI thinking journal and our read-aloud book, One Well by Rochelle Strauss to reflect upon our transdisciplinary theme, Sharing the Planet.  What are you surprised about?  What do you want to find out more about?  What has really made you think?  You can reflect orally with a partner, in your journal or on our blog as a comment.

18 comments:

  1. I think this unit is going to be very interesting because I am very interested in the planet. I was surprised when I hered that there is 97,2% water in oceans. I rely want to learn more about how much water the whoul world needs in one day. I rely enjoy learning about the planet because I learn so much interesting new things. I think ethen if you have so much water you chould stil kare about it.
    axelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really suprised by hearing that to build or make something, so much water is used. I am also suprised that I drink water that dinosaurs drink. I feel bad for Christina because I was walking back from the Rhein and carrying the water back with a partner was heavy but Christina has to carry water heavier than the bucket of water we carried by herself, for miles.I will try not to waste water, even a drop. That book, One Well, told me the importance of water.

    From: Aoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel bad for the people that can not get water easily. I find very interesting that the water we drink now might have drunk by a dinosuar a long,long time ago. I am surprised that so many people do not have easy access to water. I want to learn more about what people can do to help.

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is quite interesting I think it is very hard for cristine to carry so much water
    so far and 2 times a day we have been doing so many thing or ready the profication walking to the Rhein and on the way back with a full bucket of water and been tinking about how we use water and I really liked how we did that but I still think we really need to take care of the water because the amont of people are increasing SO WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF WATER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is soooo amasing that the water we drink could have been drunken by a dinosor.
    I alsome think that people have to walk so long to get water that is dirty.I want to find more about if i can help and how long the people in africa can overlive with the dirty water.We have so much we can youst give a bit of our water.
    Maxim

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing that 147,000 liters of fresh water is used for 1 car! 5200 for a McDonalds lunch for an adult! 1 lake in Russia has 1 fith of fresh water


    by Axel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feal sorry for Christina and her family. I use much water without knowing. For me water is everywhere. I get water whenever I want. I think it's unfair for us to have so much water and for Christina and her vilage to have so little dirty water.It's wierd how much people suffer for water. I hope this ends.

    -Ilinca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the unit is very learningfull till now. It didnt suprise me that most people can't aford clean and enough water. But I was suprised that from the 70% water 97% is not drinkable, and we still can get clean water.Another thing that suprised me was that in one car thier is 147,000litres of water.Ithink I learned preety munch in the time the unit started for example that the amount of water never changes and the water that dinisours drank I maybe am drinking and the unit it is new pretty much.
    From
    Svea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharing the planet is really important because is like sharing water, wood, food, metal and nature.

    Like in Japan you can drink water from tap but you can not drink water from rain because it is really dirty.

    From Chiho

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am supprised that we might be drinking the same water as dinasours drank.I want to find out if i am really drinkig the water dinasours drank or if i am really drinking rain water. This unit has made me think about how we use water. I am wondering how come there is always the same amount because we drink water it comes back out but some water still stays in your body. I am really supprised it takes 147,000 litters to preduce a car. Aswell I think it is interesting that a car takes that many liters to preduce it.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Unit is fun. The unit is about sharing natural reesourses for example rainforests trees are cut down every day,by the thousends.
    Water can also be poluted by oil or by dirt then we cfant drink it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Cristina is doing really hard work because 2 times in a day walking 2 miles to get water for her family. All the people need clen and save water, but Cristina, her family and other people from Africa can not get clean and enough safe water. In Russia if you will drink water from tap you can get sick because bacterias are in it. I really want to know more about that water we are drinking. We also have to share our planet with animals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm suprised that the water is heavy that we carried from the Rhein and brought it back to school. I am also suprised about that the water we drink now could also be drunk by dinosours. My main question for this unit is: How much water does the world use up in one day. I think the best thing we did in this unit was collecting the water from the Rhein. I wouldn't really like to drink that water because it doesn't really look clean. In some places I think the water tastes different.

    From: Cecily

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was really surprised that to produce a car it needs 147,000 liters of water. I want to find more about how many liters of water it takes to make legos! And also how many people live in the earth so that I see how many people use natural resources + people in all over the world.

    By: Alan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Water is an important resource. We need it to survive. We are fortunate. We can get it easily. In North Africa and other places water is miles away from people's homes. Only a little bit of the world's water is available to us. Sometimes climate affects water it is important to have water. A lot of water is used in manufacturing things. we need to share it.

    From Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was suprised that the water that we are drinking may be whale's sprout and that 90% of the water is salt water.(in ocean)
    I was actially more suprised that you need 130litter to make one bike and that you need 185litter one cup of milk.
    I want to find out more about where you CAN drink tab water and where you CAN'T drink tab water.
    Jeesu

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sad that peopl from other contreis don't get enough and as much as we do, i think that if we get enough water they should to because we should all share in this world bcause that is how we survive, and i think it is also amazing that 90% of the worlds water is salt water it is just outstanding!
    megan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was also surprised by some of the information here. I did not know that ninety percent of the world's water is salt water. How can that be? Rain is not salty??

    Mrs. Coffey

    ReplyDelete